From our Head Winemaker
All Selaks winemakers love Syrah, but it was Albie, a patriotic Hawkes Bay winemaker who won the honour of crafting this elegant wine sourced from the Corner 50 vineyard and Omahu in the Gimblett Gravels area.
Deep ruby red, the wine has a bouquet of raspberry and cherry, with peppery highlights. Ripe blackberry flavours with signature black pepper notes are threaded with coffee and mocha characters. The palate is well balanced and rich, supported by a fine tannin structure,that lingers generously on the finish. The wine will continue to improve for four years after bottling.
- Deep red with purple hues.
- A lifted blackberry nose with signature black pepper notes, and appealing oak character.
- A soft, mouth filling wine with immediate appeal and drinkability. Sweet blackberry notes dominate the mid palate, and soft, ripe dusty tannins coat the finish.
- Elite Gold,Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2010
- Top 100:
- Warren Barton Top 100 Wines List, 2010