Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions – Selaks Winter Feast
Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Selaks Winter Feast (Promotion) form part of the Conditions of Entry.
- To enter, eligible entrants (see condition 6) must first purchase a bottle of any Selaks branded wine with a promotional necktag attached and complete the entry form (see condition 7).
- By participating in the Promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Entry and acknowledges that the decisions of the Promoter on all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The "Promoter" is Constellation Brands New Zealand Limited (New Zealand Company No: 250695) of 6/46 Maki Street, Westgate, Auckland 0814.
- The Promotion commences Monday, 31st July 2023 at 00.01 (local time in NZ) and concludes on 3rd September 2023 at 23:59 (local time in NZ) (Promotion Period). No entries will be accepted outside of the Promotion Period.
- Entry into the Promotion is only open to entrants who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- who are residents of New Zealand and over the age of 18 years;
- who are not employees of the Promoter or the Promoter’s associated agencies or companies directly involved in the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter) and their immediate family members, who are ineligible to participate; and
- who register their contact details in accordance with condition 7.
How to Enter
- To enter, entrants must first (during the Promotion Period)
- Purchase any Selaks branded wine (as specified in Clause 2 above) and use one of the following entry methods to enter:
- Text FEAST to 4040, entrants will then receive a text with a URL link following their initial entry text. This link will take them to an online entry form. The entrant will be required to fill in their full name, mobile number and confirmation that they are over 18+ years of age and submit to complete their entry; or
- Scan the QR code on the promotional necktag. This link will take them to an online entry form that they will be required to fill in their full name, mobile number and confirmation that they are over 18+ years of age and submit to complete their entry.
- Failure to complete and submit this online form using one of the entry methods in clause 7a or 7b will mean they will forfeit their entry in the promotion.
- Entrants will receive confirmation they are in the draw on submitting their details, as per clause 7a and 7b.
- Entries received within the Promotional Period referred to in Clause 5 that have confirmed their details and that they are 18+ years of age, as per clause 7b above, will be in the draw for a chance to win 1 (one) of 10 (ten) $2,000 (two thousand dollar) cash prizes.
- Each bottle of wine purchased entitles the entrant to one entry in the draw.
- There are 10 major prizes to be won in this Promotion. Each prize/s consists of a $2,000 (Two thousand dollars) cash prize, with the total prize pool for this promotion valued at $20,000 (twenty thousand dollars). Each individual prize is to be paid to Winner/s in the following method of their choice:
- Paid directly into their bank account by the Promoter, no later than 6th October 2023, provided the Winner/s has provided their correct bank account details to the Promoter by 8th September 2023. Failure to do so, may result in a delay in payment of cash prize; or
- A $2,000 (two thousand dollar) prezzy card that will be couriered to an address provided by the Winner/s no later than 6th October 2023, provided the Winner/s have provided their correct courier address details to the Promoter by 8th September 2023. Failure to do so, may result in a delay on the prezzy card being received by the Winner/s. Once the Winner/s has received the prezzy card at their chosen address and confirmed receipt with the Promoter, the Promoter will provide an activation code, that the Winner/s can use to activate the Prezzy Card, following activation the $2,000 (two thousand dollar) will be available for the winner/s to use.
- The major prize draw will be drawn from among the eligible entries at 10.00am on Tuesday, 5th September 2023.
- The major prize-winner/s will be notified by telephone on or after 11.00am on Tuesday, 5th September 2023 by the promoter, using the contact details provided to the Promoter by the entrant/s at registration.
- Should the major prize remain unclaimed by a winner/s or the winner/s cannot be contacted by 10.00am on Friday, 8th September 2023, a further random prize draw from remaining eligible entries will take place at 10.00am on Monday, 11th September 2023.
- If the entry is submitted via text message and there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be authorised account holder of the mobile phone number used to enter the Promotion.
- No prize is exchangeable, or transferable. Subject to condition 19 there will be no compensation in the event that prize winners are unable to use all or part of the prize.
- All valid claims for a prize and entitlements will be met unless they involve fraud or ineligibility. The Promoter reserves the right, and by their entry into the Promotion each entrant consents to the Promoter exercising this right, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and prize claims. This includes the right to verify that the entrant is over the age of 18 years.
- The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prizes listed. If any of the prizes are unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize or item for a prize or item of an equivalent value.
- Prizes will only be delivered to the winner's residential address in New Zealand.
Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (and its associated agencies and companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents) is not liable to any person for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including (without limitation) personal injury or property damage, suffered as a result of or arising from any person participating in the competition or in connection with winning (or not winning), using or benefiting from the prize.
- If for any reason beyond the Promoter's reasonable control this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, for reasons including infection by government order, pandemic or other health related restrictions, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate this Promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for any claims arising out of or in connection with any suspension, modification or termination, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Personal Information and Privacy
- The Promoter will collect personal information ("PI") to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, Prize suppliers and, as required, to regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI and by entering the promotion the entrants consent to the use of their information as described.
- The Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Conditions of Entry shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision by the Promoter.
- Any costs associated with entering the competition or associated with the use of the prize are the responsibility of the entrants.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Records of all entries become and remain the sole property of the Promoter.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings or the use of the prize winnings. It is the responsibility of each entrant to seek independent advice on the possible implications this may have on their own financial situation.
- Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes a prize-winner's consent to the Promoter’s use of the prize-winner's name, likeness, opinions and address for: (1) any future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide, without further payment or consideration or notice; and (2) any disclosure of such information by the Promoter required by law, and it is a condition of entry that in order to claim the prize, prize-winners must agree to execute any necessary consents and releases to effect the foregoing.
- Prior to receiving a prize and being declared a winner, the entrant will be required to show proof of identity, e.g. passport or driver’s license, and sign a declaration of eligibility and acceptance of these Conditions of Entry as set out below.
- Any cancellation, suspension or modification to the Promotion will be notified on the Promoter’s website: www.selaks.co.nz/win/.
- If all or any part of any term or condition contained in these Conditions of Entry shall be declared or become unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, such term or provision (or part thereof) shall be deemed severed from these Conditions of Entry to the extent of the unenforceability, invalidity or illegality and the other terms and conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect as if the offending term or provision (or part thereof) had not been inserted herein.
- The Promotion, these Conditions of Entry and all matters arising in relation to the same will be governed by the laws of New Zealand.